Advertising is solicited, accepted, and coordinated through our Advertising Coordinator. Information that advertisers may find useful is:
- The POA Journal is published monthly, 12 issues per year.
- A typical issue has 24 pages, but 28 or 32 are not uncommon.
- We print approximately 5,000 copies of each issue. Of those, some 3,500 are mailed to active or retired San Francisco police officers.
- Approximately 1,000 copies are mailed to other subscribers, supporters, or law enforcement organizations.
- We mail (Second Class) the POA Journal to addresses on five continents: North America, South America, Australia, Asia, and Europe.
- Approximately 500 copies of each issue are distributed to all SFPD units and details, as well as to most City and County buildings and offices, on the day of printing.
To advertise in the POA Journal, you may do one of the following:
- Contact Advertising Coordinator
- Check the Advertising Deadlines
- Download our Advertising Agreement and Advertising Size and Rate Sheet
- Complete the Advertising Agreement and mail it with your payment to the POA as specified.
Ads must be received by the POA as per the following schedule of deadlines. Advertisers are responsible for meeting deadlines. The POA will not contact advertisers to remind them of an approaching deadline. If a deadline is missed, pre-paid ads will be printed in the next succeeding issue. Multi- run ads need only meet the initial issue deadline, but monthly changes to a multi-run ad are bound to this schedule. Advertisement deadlines are not the same as printing or mailing dates.
Following are the 2019 POA Journal advertising deadlines. Deadlines are subject to change without notice, but whenever possible the new deadline will be published in a timely manner.
Contact the advertising coordinator, Michael Popoff, for information regarding advertising rates at firstname.lastname@example.org or 415-515-1862.
|To appear in…||The deadline is…|
|January 1, 2019||December 21, 2018|
|February 1, 2019||January 21, 2019|
|March 1, 2019||February 18, 2019|
|April 1, 2019||March 25, 2019|
|May 1, 2019||April 22, 2019|
|June 1, 2019||May 27, 2019|
|July 1, 2019||June 24, 2019|
|August 1, 2019||July 22, 2019|
|September 1, 2019||August 26, 2019|
|October 1, 2019||September 23, 2019|
|November 1, 2019||October 28, 2019|
|December 1, 2019||November 25, 2019|
|January 1, 2019||December 23, 2019|